Course DescriptionThe Deep Dive Learning Management System (DD LMS) is a virtual developmental course designed to enhance your strategic thinking skills. According to four separate studies on leadership published in the Wall Street Journal, Chief Executive Magazine, HR Magazine and the American Management Association, strategic thinking is the #1 most valued skill in business people today. Research shows that enhanced strategic thinking skills lead to increases in profit, productivity and competitive advantage.
This video-based program will provide you with the knowledge, skills and tools to continue to excel in your current role and maximize your full potential. The videos feature Rich Horwath, CEO of the Strategic Thinking Institute and New York Times bestselling author on strategy, which enable you to learn from an international thought-leader in the area of strategic thinking. The course contains seven sections. In each section, you will review video modules and complete exercises to apply the material to your specific work. These exercises are referred to throughout the program as “Dive Master Practice.” At the end of each section, you will complete a five-question, multiple-choice quiz on the material. Once you’ve finished the course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Section 1: Three Disciplines of Strategic Thinking
Section 2: What is Strategy?
Section 3: Discipline 1: Acumen
Section 4: Discipline 2: Allocation
Section 5: Discipline 3: Action
Section 6: Deep Dive Dangers
Section 7: The Strategy Design
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Apply strategy to your daily work to ensure that you’re maximizing resources (time, talent and budget).
- Use dozens of strategic thinking tools to analyze your market, customers, competition and company in order to set strategic direction for your work.
- Elevate your thinking out of the day-to-day, firefighting mindset and see the big picture of the business, focusing on the most important elements of your work.
- Write clear and effective strategies designed to grow profits.
- Improve strategic decision making to maximize your productivity.
- Understand the difference between goals, objectives, strategies and tactics.
- Discover techniques and tools for generating new ideas.
- Effectively prioritize opportunities and initiatives.
- Identify strategic thinking traps and how to correct them.
- Create a Strategy Design to capture the essence of your business.
Rich Horwath is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author on strategy. As the CEO of the Strategic Thinking Institute, Rich leads executive teams through the strategy process and has helped more than 50,000 managers around the world develop their strategic thinking skills. A former Chief Strategy Officer and professor of strategy, he brings both real-world experience and practical expertise to help groups build their strategy skills. Rich and his work have appeared on ABC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, NBC and FOX TV.
Contact Us to register your team today