Think back on your life and how you arrived at where you are today. Did you envision where you wanted to be and then map out a strategy for getting there? Or, have you bounced around like a bumper car from one thing to the next? New research shows that only 15% of adults have a written plan for their life. But what if you believe that you have more to offer? Much more.
The Strategy for You Personal Strategy System is an online course designed to help people apply the foundational principles of business strategy to their life. This video-based program will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to maximize your strategic potential. Throughout the program, you will review video modules and complete exercises to apply the material to your specific work. These exercises are referred to throughout the program as “Bridgework,” and can be completed with templates found in the workbook.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Complete the five steps to building a personal strategic plan.
- Assess where you are, where you’d like to go, and how to get there.
- Develop your individual mission, vision, and value statements.
- Channel your purpose into your job, hobbies, and life.
- Use your unique strengths and talents to enrich your life.
- Identify where you’re investing your time, talent, and money.
- Make key trade-offs to effectively focus your resources.
- Conduct a personal SWOT analysis and come up with strategies.
- Develop a two-page blueprint for your life.
- Create a one-page visual action plan for your life.
Rich Horwath is CEO of the Strategic Thinking Institute where he leads executive teams through the strategy process and has helped more than 100,000 managers around the world develop their strategic thinking skills. He is a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of seven books on strategy, including StrategyMan vs. The Anti-Strategy Squad: Using Strategic Thinking to Defeat Bad Strategy and Save Your Plan, which was named “Best Strategy Book of 2018” by Axiom Business Book Awards. A former Chief Strategy Officer and professor of strategy, he brings both real-world experience and practical expertise to help companies build their strategic capabilities. Rich has appeared on ABC, CBS, and NBC TV and his work has been featured in business publications including Fast Company, Forbes, and the Harvard Business Review. He has been introduced by Chief Executive Magazine as “…the world’s foremost expert on strategic thinking.”