Ask 10 people for their definition of strategy and you’re likely to get 10 different answers. This inconsistent understanding of strategy leads to bad strategy. In fact, 67% of managers surveyed said their organizations were bad at developing strategy. Result: the #1 cause of business failure is bad strategy. If you and your team don’t understand strategy today, you may not have a business tomorrow.
New York Times & Wall Street Journal bestselling author Rich Horwath provides managers with everything they need to know to understand strategy in 60 minutes. Introduced by Chief Executive Magazine as “The world’s foremost expert on strategic thinking,” Rich provides clear and concise definitions for the key business planning terms and helps managers apply them to their business. The result is a common knowledge and understanding of strategy along with the most important tools to develop, communicate, and execute strategy effectively.
- Understand once and for all a clear definition of strategy.
- Avoid the five myths of strategy that can destroy your business.
- Make strategic trade-offs to focus your resources and prioritize.
- Communicate the difference between strategy, tactics, goals, objectives, mission, vision, and values.
- Design a StrategyPrint, or blueprint, for your business, using the five phases of the strategy process.
“We were fortunate to have Rich speak to the top 70 leaders at Moen to help reinforce the Deep Dive Strategy Framework and he did a masterful job. Rich designed and delivered a presentation that offered the right balance between theory and practice which facilitated audience participation and focus. The reviews of the session were outstanding and I would highly recommend Rich to communicate the art and science of strategy.”