What happens when a superhero comic book and strategy textbook collide in an explosion of video animation, epic music, and high-level strategy content? The StrategyMan Learning System is an online gamified training program to help you master what research has shown to be the most important skill for managers to possess: strategic thinking.
The StrategyMan Learning System follows the story of the fictitious company TechnoBody as they battle the Anti-Strategy Squad in an attempt to save their business from strategycide. Studies from Stanford University show that people remember 6-7 time more information when it’s presented in a story format. The online course consists of 12 levels, with each level containing a mission that managers must complete and a villain to defeat.
Follow along with the engaging animated graphic novel and master the following topics:
- Level 1:Strategy Defined
- Level 2:Purpose: Mission, Vision and Values
- Level 3:The 3A Strategic Thinking Framework
- Level 4:Competitive Differentiation
- Level 5:Innovation Tools & Techniques
- Level 6:Internal Communication: Leading Strategic Meetings
- Level 7:Strategic Decision Making
- Level 8:Focus and Strategic Trade-offs
- Level 9:Using SWOT Analysis for Strategy Development
- Level 10:Effective Strategy Execution
- Level 11:Championing Strategy Through Culture
- Level 12:Tactical Execution
At the end of each level, managers face three challenges in the form of knowledge questions, scenarios, and strategy exercises. This comprehensive program contains 84 knowledge questions, 36 scenarios and 20 strategy exercises for a total of 140 potential points to score. Upon successful completion of the online course, you will receive a Meta-Strategist certificate. Viewing time is approximately three hours.
Learning System Content:
- Chapter 1: Strategy Defined Does your team have a common language and understanding of strategy or is your team confused with other business planning terms? Discover how to defeat Ignormous and develop a clear understanding of strategy.
- Chapter 2: Purpose: Mission, Vision and Values Is your team united by a clear and unique purpose in the form of mission, vision, and values or is it drifting aimlessly like a rudderless ship? Discover how to defeat Jargon Goblin and articulate purpose with the help of StrategyMan’s colleague, Purposeidon.
- Chapter 3: The 3A Strategic Thinking Framework Is your team proactive and strategic or reactive and constantly consumed with fire drills? Discover how to eliminate Time Twister and Fire Driller to foster strategic behavior.
- Chapter 4: Competitive Differentiation Are your products and services highly differentiated from the competition or are you stuck in a “me-too” mindset as your offerings become commodities? Discover how to break out of The Same and Status Quo-Lock to design unique offerings that lead to competitive advantage.
- Chapter 5: Innovation Tools & Techniques Is your team skilled at innovation and continuously evolving your business model or are you doing the same things in the same ways as everyone else? Discover how to exterminate Business Modelectomytes to create new value for customers.
- Chapter 6: Internal Communication: Leading Strategic Meetings Does your team collaborate with other functional areas in productive meetings or do you have silos and meetings that waste people’s time? Discover how to smash Silo-Clops and promote strategy conversations that drive out the Meeting Menace.
- Chapter 7: Strategic Decision Making Does your team actively listen to one another and make sound decisions or are people constantly multitasking and making poor decisions? Discover how to terminate Multi-taskinators and declaw Decision Demon for more effective outcomes.
- Chapter 8: Focus and Strategic Trade-offs Is your team focused on just a few top priorities with a concise plan or are you operating with too many priorities in an oversized plan that rarely gets used? Discover how to jettison Dr. Yes and Megalo-plan to develop a concise plan with focused priorities.
- Chapter 9: Using SWOT Analysis for Strategy Development Does your team develop a usable SWOT analysis and coordinate strategies or is SWOT a check-the-box exercise that rarely leads to cohesive initiatives? Discover how to reprogram SWOT BOT and abolish Frankenstrategy for clear strategic direction.
- Chapter 10: Effective Strategy Execution Is your team skilled at aligning and executing strategies or do a lack of alignment and execution errors rob your business of its true potential? Discover how to avoid Miss Alignment and handle The Executioner to align, communicate, and execute strategies so that everyone is working from the proverbial same page.
- Chapter 11: Championing Strategy Through Culture Does the culture enable everyone to buy into your strategy or are there elements of the culture that don’t promote a disciplined approach to strategy? Discover how to banish Buy-Insidious and shape Culturello to gain commitment and promote a strategic culture.
- Chapter 12: Tactical Execution Can strategic thinking defeat bad strategy and save Technobody’s plan or will the Anti-Strategy Squad succeed in committing strategycide and causing global bankruption? Discover how to defeat Tactique and save Technobody’s plan.
Here’s what business leaders are saying:
“StrategyMan is a fun, effective platform that provides managers with valuable concepts to understand strategy in its simplest form and to develop strategic thinking skills. It is also a great refresher course for executives who understand the critical importance of strategy and want to validate that they are using the proper terms and definitions when communicating corporate goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics across their organization. Rich Horwath is a master at bringing these concepts to life.”
“People have long been fascinated by corporate strategic superheroes, such as Steve Jobs, Jack Welch, Anita Roddick, and Jeff Bezos, who have produced tremendous financial returns for stakeholders and society. In StrategyMan vs. the Anti-Strategy Squad, Rich Horwath presents actionable tactics in an engaging and creative way that vividly illuminates strategic thinking and strategic management processes. With this book, he has saved strategic thinking and management from being its typically dry and uninspired character and re-imagined it for all to thoroughly enjoy, learn from, and put to good use.”
“Rich has done the impossible — he has created an engaging, insightful, and thoroughly entertaining program on strategy that will improve strategic thinking in any organization from the C-suite to your frontline workers. StrategyMan saves the day — this is the most creative business book I've ever read.”
“Words matter — especially when you are communicating your goals and strategy. The StrategyMan approach gives strategy practitioners another tool in their tool belts to help clarify strategy within their organization.”
“StrategyMan vs. The Anti-Strategy Squad is another great resource to help our customer-facing teams strengthen their strategic mindset. Rich has been a valued partner to Novartis and has been instrumental in building the strategic thinking capabilities within all of our teams.”